Surrogates

Surrogates is a 2009 futuristic Sci-Fi thriller starring Bruce Willis.

Plot:  Set in the not-so-distant future, humans have turned over the day-to-day living of their lives to robotic doubles called Surrogates while they hibernate at home controlling the Surrogates through a neural link.  When a series of surrogate murders threatens this way of living, a police detective (Willis) is forced to venture out in the world as himself to investigate.



My Take: I can watch anything as long as Bruce Willis is in it.  This movie, however, is actually a pretty decent sci-fi thriller.  Plenty of action and a good story go a long way.  I found the premise to be very interesting, and the issues explored kept me thinking about this movie for quite a while after I watched it.  What is living? Is it living out a variety of fantasies using a robotic double who is more attractive than you? Or is it simply being with the ones you love, in a body that may be unattractive, physically debilitated, or scarred?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

I Have Never Forgotten You

Ken Burns' America: Empire Of The Air