One Week

One Week is a 2008 Independent Drama starring Joshua Jackson.

Plot: Jackson plays Ben, a young man who lives a rather quiet, simple life with his fiance', Samantha.  When he receives the unexpected news that he has terminal cancer and a short time to live, his entire idea of what is living is questioned.  He sets out across Canada on a motorcycle to sort out his thoughts, leaving Samantha at home.  As Ben journeys across the country, he begins to realize what he's missed out on in life, and even in love.

My Take:  I'm not a Joshua Jackson fan, so he has to work a little harder than most guys to make me appreciate his acting.  He did impress me this time. The film examines the timeless idea of what would you do if you knew you had weeks to live? What happens when you realize that the life you thought you loved isn't the life you want to live?

If you liked the movie, Into the Wild, I think you'd also like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

I Have Never Forgotten You

Ken Burns' America: Empire Of The Air