Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is a 2008 independent musical comedy starring Neil Patrick Harris, Felicia Day, and Nathan Fillion.  This is a Joss Whedon project.

Plot: Harris is Dr. Horrible, a wannabe evil "super-villain", who is juggling two lives: trying to earn membership in the Evil League of Evil by doing dastardly deeds, and also trying to get the love of his life to even notice him.  Fillion plays Captain Hammer, Dr. Evil's nemesis.



My Take: Conceived and produced during the writer's strike of 2008 and originally shown in pieces on the internet, Dr. Horrible shows once again how truly artful and imaginative and AWESOME that Whedon is.  Not only is it funny and sweet, but the music and the singing are so amazing that I actually bought the soundtrack.  This is a really fun, short film to watch, and I would encourage anyone who likes good things to watch this.

Comments

  1. you should have a link for "spoiler" info!

    This one is on my list to watch, but I had been holding off for fear it wasn't all it was hyped to be. Your recommendation just bumped it up my list - thanks! / Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Neil Patrick Harris oughta blow your mind!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Never Forgotten You

Ken Burns' America: Empire Of The Air